Written Friday April 4th:
We got to the school in good time. I started to meet everyone there and then it was time for the chapel service to start. It was really great; it involved prayer time, worship time, and then teaching time. It was really great worshipping with them; they sing all their songs accapella. After chapel was over Steve taught a couple of classes to the students. One of the students at the school is from Mozambique, so I was really blessed because he reminded me so much of all the people there. I have found that the Mozambique’s have a certain mannerism about them that I really enjoy. Shadrak (my new friend, former student from Joberg) and I went around the campus and he gave me the grand tour of the place. The official name of the school is South Africa School of Theology or SAST. This school has a lot to offer the students that come here but on the other hand I saw lots of need. The buildings are getting pretty old and need lots of work done on them.
In the afternoon then Steve and I went and checked-in to where we will be staying during our time here. It is called stop-and-stay. It is a very nice place to stay, the place where we are at used to be a house that they converted to be used as rooms to rent out. The rest of the day was spent familiarizing ourselves with the area and finding where we can buy the things that we will be needing. We both then went to bed early because we didn’t get much sleep the night before.
Written Saturday April 5th
Today involved going around to different stores and scouting out what prices are for material and availability. Steve left for a church dedication tomorrow, so I am here by myself now until he gets back on Monday morning. Tomorrow I am meeting up with Bill and Susan Weibel of Tentmaker Ministries and I am going to be going to church with them and then they have to make a few runs to some different ministries that they support. So it is a blessing to be able to hook-up with missionaries in Africa that are from the same town back in the states! The weather here has been really nice, today it was sunny and 87 degrees!
2 comments:
Jarod - so glad to hear that you made it safely PTL!! He is an awesome God. We so enjoyed hearing about your previous trip and viewing your slides, during the Community Group. That is a wonderful group. We couldn't believe that you spoke for over 2 hours the time flew by you make a great presentation. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Oh by the way - Spring has sprung in Stark County and it was a gorgeous day here.
Be Safe From,
The Scholl's
Jarod,
We are praying for you everyday! May God's Angels go before you protecting your every move!!! May you have Favor with God & all men! We are excited to hear the great things God is doing each day of your trip.
Roger & I have stepped off a place for where we think we would build garage. I'm getting excited about it, can't wait for your advice when you get back. We love & appreciated your willing heart to serve!
-The Cochrans
Post a Comment