Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wow it is amazing how fast a week goes by! It is so good here. The weather continues to be beautiful here. When I got done working today out at the school I went for a run. It is interesting running here in Africa, not quite your typical Illinois roads to run on. God is so good. He continues to bless me here and pour His love out! The people here are so great; the Americans pouring their lives out here and also seeing the South Africans that are alive with His spirit in them!
For example about the Americans: I had the privalege of going out to a ministry that one of Steve's best friends runs out in the bush outside of Rustenburg. This ministry is for kids and also adults. They hold camps for up to 200 kids from all over Africa and they also teach and have seminars for the Adults of South Africa for them to go out and start thier own camps. They are on 50 acres and this place is like a theme park tucked away in the middle of no where. We drove on gravel/ dirt roads for about 40 minutes to get to the camp. All of the buildings are built African style, with thatch roofs and concrete walls, very cool! They have horses for the kids to ride, two swimming pools, and a huge indoor stage/ rec area/ dining hall. One of the couple's gift that runs this ministry is puppeting and theater, so they have a very nice setup for doing this. They produced and ran a kids tv program in Chicago for many years for a christian station, now called TLN (total living network). Very cool I will have to show you pictures of the place when I get home!
  
And the South Africans; I have/ and are getting to know a couple of guys that are going to be helping me with the work on the buildings. Thier names are Shadrack and Carlos. Shadrack is in his early 40's and just finished the three year Bible School program. This man just makes you put a smile on your face. You just look at him and you can what kind of a man he is! He has a wife and a daughter who is 7. Carlos I have just met in the last couple of days. He is a plumber by trade here in SA. He is probably in his mid to late 50's. He will be helping to do the installing of the plumbing and a nice thing about that is that when I leave here in a couple of days for Mozambique, I am going to get him setup so he can continue to work on the plumbing while I am gone! Yes the project at the school has grown! I thought it was going to just be the restrooms to be re-done but it is also the two buildings of bedrooms! So the more plumbing he can get done the more I can focus on some of the other projects! 

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and I would love to hear from you!  - Jarod

No comments: