Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Monday, November 19, 2007

Hey everyone :)

Hey everyone it has been a long time since the last time I wrote. You were probably starting to wonder why I have not written. It has been a really busy time here. I have been getting involved in many projects around the base. I have some how became a diesel mechanic. I started out getting the back up generator working for one of the bases. It had not been working for 3 or 4 years. It is a stationary 6 cylinder Volvo Penta generator it cost $30,000 when it was new. I worked on it for about a week or so. It was nice getting it to work, there was no power at the base this past Sunday but we were able to run the generator. The project I have been working on now is a new (used) boat (32 foot long) that they got to do evangelism to the islands off of the coast. It has two 6 cylinder diesel engines that have needed some care. The fuel was also bad that was in the tank, so after working on it for the past couple of weeks and having to order some parts, I think we are going to be able to put the boat in the water on Monday or Tuesday hopefully. Once it is in the water then we need to do some testing to make sure everything is working ok. But I feel confident that it will all work ok.

Another project that is non diesel related I have been helping with is the updating of the water system for the base. Up until now the water has never been to reliable, but we are working on making it all automated now, which will be nice to have un interrupted water to everything.

Besides all of the above mentioned things I led a team a couple of weekends ago out into the bush for 3 days over the weekend. It was a real awesome time we had some healing and was able to pray for a lot of people. To get to the villages we went to, we had to drive about 4 hours on the back of a truck, that was an event in itself. On one of the evenings we bought and killed a pig for supper and lunch the next day, it was good of what meat that I got. We went to 4 different villages and showed the Jesus film. At each showing there was probably around 400-500 people in attendance. The kids at the base are great you don’t have to go far and you have kids hanging all over you. They love having us here and I am so thankful that I get to be here with them.

School is going good we have class from 8-12:30ish Monday thru Friday. I am learning a ton, sometimes it is too much to take in at one time, but I have hopefully been taking good notes to study it all later.There has been a ton of other things that have been going on, but I will have to fill you all in when I get back home! Thank you for all of your prayers and support, I have been feeling your prayers. I am so blessed to be here at this time helping these people here.

3 comments:

Agnieszka said...

J-Rod it's good to hear from you and to know that you're doing good... I can imagine that there must be like ten lil kids all over you everyday cause you're so tall!!! Like a tree!!! and kids love to climb trees... Hahaha

We all miss you here and can't wait till you come back! Thank the Lord that HE has given you a gift of being such a great handy dandy repair man. You and the children and the people are in our prayers...

"Thank you LORD for not only sending out my brother Jarod to help your peoples, but for also equipping him and preparing him for all that you have planned for him. LORD I pray that you may further annoint Jarod, shower him with blessings, love, comfort, energy, strenght, life, living water, wisdom , power of the holy spirit, and courage... Lord I pray that every person that Jarod prays over may receive healing and deliverence. I pray LORD that you may hold all those little children in the palm of your hand and just protect them from the evils of the world and love them and annoint them so that they all may become pators and missionaries around the world... I pray LORD for protection over the school and all the people there, both students and pastors...Lord we all come into aggreance that this can not be done with out your mighty power, nor without your desires and your plans and purposes... So i pray Lord let thy will be done heavenly Father."

<3Love u J-Rod

Jenna said...

Hey JB!!
I miss you! It has been too long! I love hearing about you on here and seeing your pictures. It is awesome what you are doing over there! Matt and I are praying for you! How awesome that you are able to use your handyman skills over there. The bad thing about that is that they are NOT going to want you to leave!! But Praise God anyway! We are praying for your safety and well being.

I love you!!

Your sis, Jenna

Jenna said...

Also, We will miss you tomorrow for Thanksgiving! We will be giving thanks to the Lord for you and your gifts and willingness to do His will in your life. You are touching lives here as well!! Everyone that hears all that you done over there and the sacrifices you made to go to Africa for 3 months is an amazing testimony and I am praying that through telling people about it, they will be touched by Jessus and choose to follow him!

Happy Thanksgiving!