Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Today Lee and I finished putting the new roof on the Restroom building. We got an early start to the day by starting work at 6 am. So we have all three new roofs on now! The team has been busy painting and laying tile and grouting the tile. I also have been working on roughing in the new electrical wiring for new lights in the restrooms, dorm rooms, and we are going to be adding security lighting to each corner of the buildings. 
I left work early today because I was invited out to a Bria (I think thats how you spell it, its like a BBQ) by some South Africans who work in the Building Material store where we have been buying our material for the project. Over the last several weeks I have built a friendship with them and they invited me out one day I was in the store. There was a total of four of us tonight. They were between the ages of 22-26, one of them is a Christian so that was great talking to him and the other two were not. We got on a couple different subjects that led to them sharing some things that they are having problems with and I was able to share how the Lord has worked in my life in those areas! I hope there were some seeds planted tonight. Before I leave we are going to exchange contact info and they said that they would like to come and visit America someday, so I told I could help to arrange things when they come.
Tomorrow we are going to church at the schools chapel, then the rest of the day is free. Then a busy 3 days of working this next week to get it all done and then I leave from the airport in Joberg on Thursday! 

No comments: