Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I know I am starting to slip ... not posting everyday. So I thought that I should give you a quick update. The last day and half I have been a lumber jack. I had rented a chainsaw to trim up some of the trees around the buildings we are working on. After I was done with that I got to noticing that there were lots of trees that needed to be trimmed or cut down that were hanging on or over the buildings. It ended up being a campus wide tree cutting marathon since I had only rented the saw for 24 hours. When we were all done besides being exhausted, it looked like a big storm had come through because there were piles of branches and trees everywhere. I will try and get a couple of pictures of it all on Monday. There have been a few of the students that have been helping me out with different things around the campus. It has been great to get to know some of them and hear their stories and the impact that Jesus is making in their lives through this school! 
Today (Sonday) I am heading up North a couple of hours towards the Botswana border. This is were Bill and Susan are. I am going to go to church with them and see where they do their ministry. I will let you know how that all goes tomorrow! 

2 comments:

Wallace's said...

Hey Jarod,

Finally got to your blog. Good to be updated. Praying the Lord continue to guide you and keep you safe in His care.
Seth Eubank had his 2nd operation today. Have not heard yet how he is doing..Blog.. Seth;surgery.blogspot.com
He is at Iowa City. Very stressful to all the family..Pray for them.
We are having a great follow up of the Life in the Spirit weekend, studing the work of the Holy Spirit . Using the book we had. Six firt time, then 9 now 11 of us. Very good. We are digging into The Word. So good to come to know each other better and have really good discussions. Praise the Lord....He is on the move in Toulon and at church....
We miss you...take care..
Our love. Ron & Lil

Anonymous said...

So excited to see the updates. It makes it seem like you aren't across the world! See you soon!

Michele