Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Saturday, December 22, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Merry Christmas everyone! Outreach was awesome! Thank you for all of your prayers, I could tell there were lots of prayers being sent up. We got to see everything (healing, miracles, people, God’s Beautiful creation) and everything could not have went any better! Preparing for Christmas around the base right now, there is a big event all afternoon and evening on Christmas Eve and also all day on Christmas day when the whole town is invited to the base for food. That should be craziness! Well I hope to write more about the outreach and what has been going on here within the next week. God Bless Jarod

6 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Merry Christmas, Jarod!!!!
I'm so glad God did amazing things during your outreach. It will be great to see you soon and hear your stories.
Last week I went with Agnieszka to Florida for about a week. For me, being in a warm climate makes it hard to feel like it is really Christmas.
May you have a wonderful, blessed African Christmas and New Year. Enjoy every bit of your time in Africa. :)
~your sister in Christ,
Mary

P.S.
Writing your last post in red and green is nice and festive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jarod!

It is encouraging to read that you can feel our prayers!:) We are all very excited to hear more about the outreach and how God has been using you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your brothers and sisters over there- it sounds absolutely wonderful with all of the events! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Have a wonderful Christmas Celebration!

<3 Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hey Jarod! Happy Birthday!!!! We (Agnieszka, Allison and I-Elizabeth) wrote you a little birthday poem to brighten your day:)… enjoy! …

Jarod , Jarod– it is your birthday!
Soon you’ll be coming home- horray!!! :)
You’ve been gone a long time and missed very much,
W/o you in the group- we are missing your unique touch.
Agnieszka misses jumping to reach your high fives,
And we all miss your friendship in our lives.
Allison says your corny jokes are lost,
And you should be glad you missed the frost.
Your zebra hair is quite a site,
And that jet ski of yours is very tight!
You can donate your jet-ski to Elizabeth,
She’ll take you on a ride… if you’re not afraid of death:)
You are the country boy of the group,
We loved giving Bradon “snowman poop”:)
JJ is missing his right hand man,
And Nishka is your number one fan!
Love from the COWS whose love for you is in a wad,
You will always be known to us as DJ-Rod.
We hope you have a GREAT birthday,
Can’t wait to see you and hear about your stay!!!

Anonymous said...

Jarod my friend!
Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Jarod, Happy Birthday to you! You look like a monkey and you smell like one to! I remember everything I did on my birthday when I was in Mozy...i was on outreach and when I got back my roomates had bought me a huge chocolate cake and then took me for pizza(margarita-yummy) at the italian restaurant! Amazing! I hope you have just as much fun today! Praying for you J-Rod......Yah only a little while longer till you bless everyone by being home. Much love and blessing to you from our Father!

P.S. Knock knock...whose there?....I gotta....


love your favorite friend! hahha Just kidding, but seriously! hahah

Tenneille!

Anonymous said...

So Jarod, now that we determined that I am your favorite friend, wink wink!!! I want to wish you the happiest birthday in 2007. And though it has passed, Merry Belated Christmas. And to the future, a happy new YEAR!!! Yeah, just think how many more amazing things will happen in the next year. To just think that one year ago we were at Olive Garden with our old group, and this year you are in Africa, Who would have ever known. Anyway, 2008 marks the year of new beginnings AKA they year of the open door... wink wink. May this year be the start of your new season to your walk with God. Love you man!!!! See you soon!!!

Ps: Knock Knock. Who is there. I gotta... Ha Ha, that joke just does not wear out. Remember the airplane ride. We could have just peed our pants. That would have kicked us off the plane. Or stunk up the whole plane. But who is counting.

Anywho, we have a mission for your return. May the Lord Council you and give you your strength.

Gotta Jet, Tenneille and I are going to de mall to get Tenneille some new socks. Peace out Peterpan!!!!

jewels and your favorite mary-anne

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jarod----actually to clarify all the comments I am your favorite friend! Haha. Anyway I am glad you enjoyed your mission, birthday, and Christmas. We all miss you here. Cannot wait for you to return to us and share with all that that you have learned. Love ya--Michele

ps. when are you coming home?