Dates


April 2nd - May 16th 2008  South Africa & Mozambique

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Driving in South Africa!

(Written Last friday the 5th, had problems posting!)

Well if any of you know me I love to work and I am deffinately getting to do a lot of it while here! The day to day stuff is pretty much the same type of work with the blocks and concrete and such.

This past Sunday I had an opportunity to speak again in Church and I shared with them Hebrews 12:1-3, and I shared with them about my friends in Chicago and how we live by the verse, and I just encouraged them to live by it also because He does have a specific race for each of us to run and He wants us to run it with perseverance!

This past week I was able to go and get my Visa for Mozambique. I did not have enough time to get it before I left the States so I asked Charles if it was ok and he had told me they have a Mozambique consulate near them, so that is what we did and Gods favor was there that day. The lady that helped us was very nice and she said they normally only give 30 day Visa's but after explaining my situation that I needed to have it for 90 days she had to go talk to her boss. To make a long story short,she pulled some strings and I got a 90 day multiple entry Visa within 3 hours!

Yesterday Charles and I took two 5000 liter water tanks to a kids camp that is being developed over in Pretoria, a pastor here in South Africa has purchased some land and it is in the planning stages right now, when Charles gets back from the states in a year and a half he is to help build the facilities for the camp.

After stopping there we went to the Johannasberg airport and met a team from Arkansas. They have come to help build a church that they had sent money for. The team consists of 8 men and 1 woman. The best part was since they all had jet lag I drove their rental van back to the lodge that they are staying at. The trip took about 4.5 hours to drive, so I got lots of left hand driving experience! (they drive here on the other side of the road)

Today we all went out and layed blocks, we got a lot done! They all came to work, and we got several sections of the walls done.

Tomorrow we travel 2 hours north (leaving at 5:30 am) to put up a steel structure for a new church ,we have to get the entire structure erected in the one day since it is so far away, it is into more of the bush area.

Well that is about all for now, I am learning and becoming more African every day! The weather has been doing good, the food is good, and the people are great! tata

No comments: